About the data management of the Student Union of the University of Debrecen
1. Name and contact details of the data controller
Student Union of the University of Debrecen
Address: 4032 Debrecen, Egyetem tér 1. Kossuth Lajos 2-es Kollégium 2A06
Postal address: 4010 Debrecen, Postafiók 77 E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 06-52/512-700/72855
2. Data management legislation
The following legal provisions apply to the data management of the Student Union of the University of Debrecen:
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Regulation (EC) No 95/46 Regulation (henceforth “GDPR”). The text of the GDPR is available via this link in all the official languages of the European Union.
- Law CXII of 2011 about the right of the information of self-determination and freedom of information.
3. Data processing performed by the data controller
3.1. Data management related to University Electronic Games application (UEG)
3.1.1. Purpose of data management: To register the players at the University Electronic Games (UEG) organized by Student Union of the University of Debrecen
3.1.2. Scope of personal data processed: During data management, we process the following personal datas:
League of Legends username
FIFA 22 username
Clash Royale username
Rocket League username
3.1.3. . Legal basis for data processing: consent [exact GDPR legal basis: GDPR article 6 (1) paragraph (a) point].
3.1.4. Duration of data management: Until the consent is withdrawn, until the deletion from the database is requested.
3.1.5. Scope of access: Members and staff of the Student Union of the University of Debrecen
4. Your rights and the rules of legal practice
4.1. Law relating to information
In accordance with article 15 (1) of the GDPR, you may request information on personal data processed by the Student Union of the University of Debrecen. In this case, Student Union of the University of Debrecen will forward the following information to the contact details you have indicated (e-mail address, mailing address):
- what personal data we process about you;
- what data management purposes;
- to whom we transmit personal data;
- the duration of the data processing and the criteria for determining this period;
- your rights in relation to data processing;
- the right to submit a complaint to the Hungarian National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
4.2. Right to request a copy
On the basis of the article 15 (3) – (4) of the GDPR, you may request a copy of the personal data processed by the Student Union of the University of Debrecen. In this case, the Student Union of the University of Debrecen will forward the personal data we process about you to the contact details you have provided (e-mail address, mailing address).
4.3. Right to rectification
In accordance with article 16 of the GDPR, we will amend or clarify your personal data at your request, in accordance with your request.
4.4. Right of cancellation
A 3.4. In accordance with article 17 (1) to (3) of the GDPR, you may request the deletion of personal data disclosed.
4.5. Right to restrict
You can request a restriction on data management in the following cases:
- if you dispute the accuracy of your personal data, we will restrict your data processing until the Student Union of the University of Debrecen verifies the accuracy of your personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of the data and instead ask for a restriction on its use;
- the Student Union of the University of Debrecen no longer needs your personal data, but you do so in order to make, enforce or protect legal claims; or
- if you exercise your right to object, we will limit the processing to the period during which the lawfulness of your request is examined.
In the case of a request for a restriction on data processing, the reason for requesting the restriction must also be indicated.
The Student Union of the University of Debrecen fulfills its request to restrict data processing by storing personal data separately from all other personal data. For example, in the case of electronic data files, it is saved on external data carriers and the paper-based documents are stored in a separate folder.
4.6. Common rules of practice
The Student Union of the University of Debrecen will fulfill its request within a maximum of one month, which may be extended by a maximum of two months.
If the application is refused, the Student Union of the University of Debrecen will inform you of the reasons for the refusal within one month of receiving the application, as well as the fact that it may submit a complaint with the Authority and exercise its right of judicial appeal.
The Student Union of the University of Debrecen reserves the right, if it has reasonable doubts as to the identity of the applicant, to request the information necessary to confirm the identity of the person concerned. Such a case may be considered, in particular, if the data subject exercises his right to request a copy, in which case the Student Union of the University of Debrecen should be convinced about that the request originates from the entitled person.
- Your Enforcement Options
If, in your opinion, the data management of Student Union of the University of Debrecen does not comply with the legal requirements, you can initiate proceedings before the Hungarian National Authority for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (Postal address: 1530 Budapest, Pf .: 5., e-mail address: email@example.com) or take it to court.
Data protection officer: Dr. Fejesné Dr. Varga Zita, contact: 4026 Debrecen, Kassai út 26. University of Debrecen Chancellery Data Security Center, Incubator House II. em 214., e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org